Welcome Class 2!
The term has already begun and we have started our new topic- The Vikings! We have generated our own set of questions containing all the information we aim to find out by the end of this half term. We will be doing lots of research exploring who the Vikings were, Viking life, Viking invasion and lots more! The children will even get the chance to perform some role play, adopting the role of a Viking.
Class 2 will have daily grammar, punctuation and spelling sessions. This term we are studying ‘How to Train Your Dragon’ by Cressida Cowell, linking to our class topic! We will begin to explore plot, character, setting and style!
Throughout the term, the children will also have a go at:
- Fact files
- Persuasive writing in the form of a letter
- Diary entries
- Writing a short story
The children will have arithmetic starters for every session and will develop their knowledge of times tables. This term will focus on consolidating the children’s current knowledge and understanding of fractions, time, mass and capacity. Class 2 will then begin to work on Place Value! There will also be time for TT Rockstars – the children have their logins and passwords stuck in their times table books and are encouraged to practice at home as much as they can.
Science: Investigating Light
PE: Hockey and Multi-Skills
RE: Similarities and differences between Christianity, Hinduism and Islam when comparing religious beliefs about God.
ICT: Internet safety
Art/DT: Design and make jewellery and shields adopting the style of Celtic and Anglo Saxons
French: Recap basic phrases and vocabulary, identifying the difference between masculine and feminine words.
A Few Reminders
– Please ensure that pupil absence is rung into school before 9am when the registers are closed.
– Thank you for ensuring children are on the playground from 8.45 and in class by 8.50am.
– Please ensure that your child has their PE kit and reading pack (containing their spelling book, times tables book and reading record/book) everyday.
– In Class 2, we would love the children to be reading to an adult everyday, please can you sign their reading records to let us know you have heard them!
– Spellings should be practised at least 3 times a week, with a test on Friday.
– Times tables should be practised at least 3 times a week. In their times tables books, they can pick which times table they would like to practise, or the children can ask for my guidance on this.
– Updates on homework and how this will take place will be provided shortly.
Keep your eye on ‘weduc’ as this has all notices and diary dates you need for the term.
|Reading Book||Reading Book
I am looking forward to continue getting to know Class 2 and I can not wait to teach them this year!
Many thanks for your continued support, Miss Penman and Ms Cook.