Welcome Class 2!
Happy new year! I hope you had a restful Christmas break and I am looking forward to continuing what has already been a positive start to the year in Class 2.
Our topic for Spring 1 is Inventors! Throughout the term, the children will get the opportunity to research and explore a range of inventors before becoming inventors themselves. Please see our knowledge organiser below to get an insight into what the children will be learning in each subject.
A few reminders:
- Please ensure that pupil absence is reported to the school office before 9am when the registers are closed.
- It is important for the children to be on the playground from 8.45 and in class by 8.50.
- Please ensure that your child has their PE kit and reading pack (containing their spelling book, times table book and reading record/book) every day.
- In class 2, we would love the children to be reading to an adult every day, please can you sign their reading records to let us know you have heard them!
- Spellings should be practised at least 3 times a week, with a test on Friday.
- Times tables should be practised at least 3 times a week either in their times table book or via TT Rockstars. The children can pick which times tables they would like to practise, or the children can ask for my guidance on this.
By the end of Year 3 children should be fluent in the 2,3,4,5,8,10 times tables and by the end of Year 4 children should know all their times tables up to 12 i.e. the 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 times tables.
- Weekly homework linking to a learning focus will also be given every Friday, which the children will have a week to complete.
|Reading book||Reading book||Reading book
Many thanks for your continued support, Miss Penman and Ms Cook.